Did you know there are fantastic NON-INSURANCE healthcare solutions out there?
Three major ministries in fact. Right now over one million people have chosen this
option over traditional insurance. One of them is me.
Which one is right for you if any? I can verify they are looking better and better as
we get deeper into the ACA (Obamacare) health plans, HMOs, sky-high premiums,
and shrinking networks where your doctor is no where to be found. I have been a
member of two different Christian Sharing ministries the last 4 years and can tell
you I love Christian Sharing Ministries. I have known about them for over 15
years so anything you want to know from a member perspective, or a insurance
counselor perspective, I am game. I am also available via email, screen share, & phone.
Thankfully Christian Sharing ministries are available ANY TIME OF THE YEAR.
That is 365 days a year compared to ACA plans where you only have just 45 days of
open enrollment per year (unless there is a life event like divorce, marriage, death,
loss of health benefits, etc. called special enrollment provision).
Want to know more?
LETS GET STARTED…..
First, PLEASE READ THIS DISCLAIMER: remember Christian Sharing is
unlike insurance, meaning it is NOT HEALTH INSURANCE. So do not use
insurance terms. The good thing is, I invite you ask me any questions before you
make your final decision about whether Christian Sharing is right for you or
your entire family. I am a licensed insurance counselor so I have over 30 years
of experience in many areas of healthcare cost containment not just insurance.
WHAT IS Christian Sharing? What does Dave think? Stay tuned.
Lets start with OPTION 1 in Christian Sharing:
It is a health care sharing program that enables Christians to share their
financial resources to pay each other’s medical expenses. Operated by a
Ministry, a 501(c)3 non-profit ministry, it offers a proven biblical model
for health care—Christians helping Christians! Since 1993, members have
had more than $1.4 billion of their health care costs shared and discounted
through the program. it is about half the cost of insurance, and you can rest
assured that your health care dollars will not be used for unbiblical procedures.
Biblically-based health care:
• None of your money goes to support unbiblical lifestyle choices like abortion
or the “morning-after” pill.
• You will be part of a community of Christians dedicated to sharing one
another’s burdens and praying for each other!
Exempt from penalties:
• As a member, you’re exempt from the requirement to purchase health
insurance or face penalties due to a special provision in the Affordable Care Act!
No Limits on Sharing:
• Members enjoy sharing of eligible medical bills with no sharing limits per
person or per year!
• During the first month of membership, however, there is a $50,000 limit
on sharing of eligible medical needs.
• Sharing is not by percentage responsibility, for example, 80/20 or 70/30—
it’s at 100% for eligible bills once your Annual Household Portion has
• Prescriptions are eligible for sharing (for a six-month period) if they are
related to a new eligible illness, injury or accident.
• Members have access to prescription discounts which can help you save
an average of 40 percent on all your medications – even if it is a medication
you already take.
• Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) is one of the largest and strongest
PPOs in the country!
• Using network providers saves members millions of dollars each year.
However, you’re able to use any doctor, specialist or provider you want,
even if they are not in the network! A penalty may apply for using a
Provider Fee (similar to a “copay” and paid at time of visit/procedure):
• $35 – for visits to a doctor or specialist or if you’re admitted to the hospital
• $135 – for an ER visit, if you’re not admitted to the hospital
• $0-cost, 24/7 access to doctors via phone or video who can diagnose
conditions and prescribe medications
• Dental discounts of up to 60 percent on many dental procedures such
as routine oral exams, unlimited cleanings, and major work such as
dentures, root canals, and crowns
• Vision discounts of up to 30 percent off the retail price of eyewear
HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
Unlike insurance, members don’t pay premiums. Instead, they deposit
a monthly share amount, based on the program option they choose.
When looking at pricing, you will see that the options are based on your
choice of an Annual Household Portion (or “AHP”). The AHP is the
portion of your own eligible medical bills (new injuries, new accidents
and new illnesses) that you pay before eligible medical bills are
processed for sharing. Once you have satisfied your AHP, any eligible
medical bills for the remainder of the year in your household will be
processed for sharing at 100 percent.
View many options and your monthly share prices on my website:
I even included what Dave Ramsey says about Christian Sharing on the site.
I salute you for exploring the Christian Sharing option for your
health care needs. Please feel free to contact me with any follow-up
questions you may have under the contact section on my blog
or directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.