Dental Insurance Tips and & Lessons
- Most people use it; however, do you really need it?
- What is your Risk level?
- Do you already know you need work done or do you just have routine cleanings?
- Are you “married” to or “in love” with your dentist?
Set Realistic Expectations
I want to pay $35 to an insurance carrier then have 2 root canals done.
So let me do the math. You pay $35 to ABC insurance company and expect them to pay out $3000 next month. That is not insurance.
There are two main types of Dental insurance plans HMO and PPO
You might be better served with a non insurance solution… dental discount programs
Key Steps in your evaluation
- How much does it cost?
- Is your dentist in the network?
- What is the annual maximum (this is the max the insurance company will pay out in any given plan year)
- What are the waiting periods for routine, minor, and major work
As always talk to an insurance counselor to help guide your decision (it does not cost you anything).