Did you loose your PPO?
Did you know if your insurance carrier cancels your plan from a PPO to an HMO technically you have 60 days to get a new plan in place regardless of if it is open enrollment? Special Enrollment Periods go all year round. If BCBS cancelled your PPO plan 12/31/2015 then you still qualify.
1. Go to www.elphelp.com and view all plans.
2. Play with your 2016 income projections (maybe you qualify for advance premium tax credits)
3. Take a close look at Baylor / Scott & White because they are the only PPO left in the DFW area.
4. You can change your current plan by selecting CHOOSE PLAN for very short application.
5. SEP reason “loss of coverage”
6. Loss of coverage date 12/31/15
7. Complete application and you should see “Success”.
Your new coverage will start 3/1/16. Carrier will reach out to you to collect your first premium payment. If you are already on the Marketplace your old carrier will be informed of your cancelation. If you are not currently on marketplace just call your old carrier and tell them you want to cancel effective 2/29/16. That is it.
Call me at 972-898-8063 if you need any help.